I am so excited! I have been nominated for the Liebster Award!
Thank you so much, Taylor! I am so grateful for your support!
What is the Liebster Award?
I’m sure some of you are wondering what the Liebster Award is. Well, the Liebster Award 2017 is an award that is given to bloggers by other bloggers. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. It is a way for new bloggers to be discovered. It also helps bloggers to connect with others and gain support in the blogging community. You can find out more about the Liebster Award and it’s rules HERE.
Who nominated me?
Taylor from Simple Living Nursing Mama nominated me for this award. I can’t thank her enough! She has great info on her blog about pregnancy and breastfeeding, recipes, and soon she’ll have natural products for the family on there, as well. I really like her post, Simple Living & Motherhood. It’s a great read about changing how we think to choose joy. Make sure you check her blog out!
Thanks again, Taylor!
Another Awesome Blogger
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
One of my most favorite bloggers is Abby Lawson, who runs Just A Girl and Her Blog. She is an amazing blogger. Not only does she have AWESOME posts about organizing and decorating, like How to Organize Every Space in Your House, but she also created an eBook and eCourse, called Building a Framework, that is specifically for new bloggers. I took this course and it literally walks you step-by-step through the process of setting up a beautiful and, with time, successful blog. There are even tech tutorials for people like me, who know nothing about the tech side of blogging. I HIGHLY recommend her course to new bloggers. After purchasing her course, you gain access to her exclusive Facebook group and she’s pretty active in that, too.
She now has a course called Book Boss, which is all about creating and launching a successful eBook in 90 days or less! I haven’t started this one yet, but I’ll be getting there soon. On top of these awesome products you can purchase from her, she has great FREE printables library you can gain access to by subscribing to her newsletter. She just recently started a YouTube channel all about organizing and just launched new Instagram called Abby Organizes. I hope you’ll check her blog out! She really is a super blogger, whom I look up to.
10 Facts About Me
- I took ballet, tap, and jazz classes for 12 years
- My husband and I make voices up for our dogs and pretend to talk for them (We’re weird lol)
- I LOVE children’s books…it would be super awesome to write one!
- I’m terrible at sports
- I really enjoy baking
- I’m terrified of singing in front of people
- I’ve been with my husband since I was 14 years old
- I am very honest, even if it’s not what people want to hear
- I have a bachelor’s degree in elementary education
- Typically, you can find me rocking a pony tail and very little makeup
Questions for Me from Taylor
For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
- I feel most grateful for my family. My husband is an amazing human who works incredibly hard so that I am able to stay home with our daughter and working on blogging. My daughter brings so much laughter and joy into our lives and she makes the hard times worth it. Our fur baby, Cooper, is a monster-sized lab who just likes to cuddle and be lazy. He’s super great to snuggle with when you’re having a bad day.
What is your favorite meal?
- My most favorite meal is macaroni and cheese. I know, I’m such an adult 🙂
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?
- I’d love to spend a couple weeks traveling around Europe, seeing famous landmarks. I’d love to see the Eiffel Tower, Trevi Fountain, Stonehenge, and so many more. I love museums and experiencing small pieces of history. I was terrible at geography and history, likely because I didn’t experience any of it.
What is your favorite blog post? Why?
- My favorite blog post is, A Journey to Parenthood: Infertility, Success, and a Strong Reminder. It’s my favorite because it’s honest, real life stuff and it offers a bit of advice without sounding “preachy.” I think it’s relatable and it’s a topic some women don’t talk about, so my hope is that it might have helped someone.
What makes you laugh?
- Our daughter’s jibber jabber is so funny. She uses her hands a lot when she talks and even though we don’t understand what she is saying, she clearly does. It’s hilarious to watch her.
What is your weirdest quirk?
- When I pet my dog, or really any dog, I make a funny face. I don’t realize I’m doing it, but my husband always notices.
What made you start blogging? Where do you see yourself a year from now?
- I started blogging because I needed a creative outlet and something that was for me. I was close to quitting my full-time job, had a 11 month old daughter, a brain full of ideas and was feeling a lot of emotions. It’s a much needed outlet and in the process, I’m hoping that I can help someone else.
What would be your biggest piece of advice to fellow bloggers?
- MAKE AN EDITORIAL CALENDAR! Right now! If you already have, great! If you haven’t, I highly recommend doing that ASAP. I just created my editorial calendar after four months of blogging and it has helped immensely with my productivity.
What is your favorite song to dance to?
- I’m not a dancer anymore, but our daughter loves the “Chicken Dance” and I always dance with her.
What is the best vacation you have ever been on?
- I would have to say our honeymoon to Jamaica was the best. We had so many adventures in the week that we were there. It was a super fun way to start our marriage.
Tori @ Toriorioria
Cassie @ Cassie Smallwood
Alana @ Frugal Fiesta
Lauren @ Lauren Clelland Coaching
Isabelle @ Life With Isabelle
Shannon @ Natural Soap Mom
Angela @ Projects with Kids
Lara @ Simple Happy Homes
Questions for My Nominees
- Why are you blogging?
- What is your most favorite blog post and why? (one you wrote)
- If you could have one super power, what would it be and why?
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
- If you could have dinner with one person (alive or not), who would it be?
- Favorite book or series?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items would you take with you?
- What is one of your favorite quotes?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What’s your favorite childhood memory?
- What makes you unique?
Please leave a comment on this post, if you accept the nomination.
When you complete you blog post about the award, make sure to comment on The Global Aussie’s post. For more information and to answer any questions, please refer to the rules HERE.
Thank you again, Taylor! I so appreciate it!
Even if you haven’t been nominate for the Liebster Award, I’d love to read your responses to my questions! Feel free to put them in the comments!